Saturday, June 15, 2013

mermaid life

I find myself drawn lately to all things mermaid.
I have been thinking about how I love all things water. It seems the freedom from pain when I am in the water daily teaching classes or just swimming for myself motivates me each day. I live with nearly constant pain in my hip and knee lately if I do not get in the water to stretch all muscles out.

So I wanted to add to this blog the finished necklace from the mermaid beads made with Polymer at Karen's. I love the iridescent finish reminds me of fresh fish scales on a trout.

I love the metal components it reminds me of seaweed. The pearls are purple coins and green and blue regulars. Crystals accents have coating that reflects blue and green.

I just love this piece I find myself dressing to wear it once a week at least. I have several pieces that have beautiful sterling silver pendants int he same color palate yet I tend to pass them by. This piece reflects more of me, my work, my artistry, my aesthetic. It allows others to glimpse a bit of my soul-the woman trapped by arthritis that can be free as a mermaid in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment