Monday, September 16, 2013

Challenges, Bring them On!

ClothPaperScissors has had two recent challenges one time consuming and one quick one.

The multi-media 6x6 inch square involved stamping with paint on linen using hand-made stamps by Gail Walker onefinepencil@blogspot.com, pencil eraser tips, a clay tool we used for dots and dashes. Then machine free hand embroidery a new skill for me. This was not as easy as it looked I sat frozen in front of the piece begging Gail to just let me put down a few lines. She is infinately patient and reassuring and when I finally put the needle through the piece I was off. Then hand embroidery a skill taught to me by me maternal grandmother on Woolworth cotton pillowcases in the 60"s. Grandma Hazel Koplin would of been proud my back was as neat as the front. As  my preferred media is still beading I included myself as a tiny bee bead.

MEANDERING THROUGH THE GARDEN


The second challenge was a 4x4"  Mulberry paper face drawing only using markers, pens and pencils.


SHE PAINTS 

As a bead artist these challenges stretch my skills and doing them with a friend makes it just that much more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment