Friday, August 3, 2012

Packing for two separate events.
NewCAJE- Jewish educators conference and then off to USNA Annapolis for the Parents Weekend at the end of plebe summer. So I am packing jewelry first then outfits to go with the necklace. It is a twist on jewelry as accessory rather it is the clothes that become the accessories. So four Jewish pieces made the cut and 3 additional for Annapolis. One Jewish piece will do double duty for Friday Shabbat Service at the Levy Chapel (Navy and Gold Shalom).


I love going to Annapolis we usually shop at a consignment store New to You, and make a quick stop at Goodwill. you never know what you will find in either place.  Last time at the Goodwill was a tarnished pendant/pin (always a chance to be real silver) with a craved green tiki stone. Get it out of the case-Mexican Silver, now the best part on sale that day for 20% off. So for 8 dollars I went home with a piece of 1950's Taxco (?) Silver. Of course I had to google what was being sold that was similar and they ranged from $40-90 dollars. That is the fun of the hunt.


All necklaces to get taken on the trip have to have been beaded by me. That is certainly not a problem as I have a lot, okay really A Lot of handmade jewelry.

Yet one dress that I picked it first needed a necklace the colors turquoise, light blue and two shades of green with some light brown thrown in. Sadly there were a bunch of close but no cigar contenders....then I found 3 that colors were good matches. The color I wanted people to focus on in the dress was two shades of blue. Finally down to two, called in the husband for his opinion. We agreed a winner was chosen.



Kazuri giraffe & lentil beads with handmade by me
textured Polymer beads.



No comments:

Post a Comment