Sunday, July 6, 2014

4th of July Art Camp Day 2

We were up early and Gail made us a lovely omelet breakfast even though I did have to have keep the jalapeno's out of my omelet.

We both loved our pendants and pieces from the day before. Gail remembered she had some blank ones and we decided to try doing it all....as we are fond of saying "let's try! nothing lost if we don't like it". Well let me just say I am so impressed with what we did. I used a great Japanese butterfly stamp with so many components in the stamp. I ended up making three sets of tiles.... in bronze orange and gold, royal blue and turquoise, and purple and pink each set is three pieces of varying sizes all with different imaging. I brought only three home, two that we framed as accent pieces.The third is going to be made into a pendant.







The rest of the time was spent creating parts of the next 'fox tales" bag, adding layering. The construction will have to wait until next time at the lake. 
I also used the time to make the linen labels for the inside  we use for the bags. I used multiple stamps- anchor, monkey, zebra, giraffe, elephant we stamp with black  fabric paints and then I added a bit of red permanent marker for accent, I did have to restrain myself as I love to add lots of color.

Well we did stop for lunch the only thing was it was 5 pm before we remembered to eat. 

I had another wonderful art camp. We are dreaming of being able to bring this to others we talk about it and the seeds are planted we just have to see how we can grow the dream. Until then it time to start planning for our next Hector Art Camp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment