Saturday, July 19, 2014

Beading my art makes me happy!!!

I so love making necklaces with pendants I have made.
The tiles ended up so lovely and I wire wrapped them and made them into necklaces. The oriental butterfly I beaded with fresh pearls and crystals. Love the richness of the gold pearls and faceting of the crystals are really stunning.
The monkey pendant is made in honor of my new mantra
"NOT MY CIRCUS NOT MY MONKEYS"
This was one of the upcycled art tiles with a green gold background and the monkey in black with turquoise and red. I love the colorfulness of the beads with it.





One of the other tiles was light purple and I created Etz Hayim, the Tree of Life the drawing is my own and the leaves are copper and gold metalic paint and them embossed to give them a 3D effect.


I also worked on some polymer clay pieces. I had made in the past and wire wrapped a koi fish to it. I love japanese art I am sure living in Hawaii and being friends with Eiko fostered this.
Lastly I worked on a scanned hand cut stamp of our dog Bolt. I had made two stamps our pitbull Blaze wore a Marine Corps cover and Bolt was styling a plebe Dixie cup for the USNA. We printed the stamps on linen and when scanned it made a very textured picture. We printed it added blue permanent marker decoupaged it onto a tile. Then used washi tape in bright colors around the outside. Wire wrapped with matching color hot pink and green. This is for my daughter so a simple silver chain is how she would wear it. I am sure if it had been for me I would of used some brightly colored pearls and beads.



No comments:

Post a Comment