Sunday, July 6, 2014

4th of July Art Camp-FREEDOM OF ARTISTIC EXPRESSION DAY I

This 4th of July weekend was spent at art camp at Gail's lake house in Hector NY.
As usual the weekend started with happy hour- cheese, salami, olives and gluten free crackers. This time is spent catching up with each other.

On the way to art camp I stopped at two second hand stores. The first is a treasure trove of 25cent items. They had bought a whole household sale in Ithaca of a woman who was a paper artist-so bargains included painted items, items she had done artist exchange for. I also got some lovely embroidered and crocheted pieces to use in mixed media. The find of the day was some painted domino's about 20 for two dollars.

While waiting for Gail to get dinner in the oven I went up to the studio to work on two upcycled bags
 
The second bag is two sided this is the larger crocheted piece the opposite side is the same style crocheted piece only predominately white with yellow.

Then I started on some mixed media pieces. One of the found treasures was a luggage tag which I then created my own back to include my information.


Then altered a pendant with using a fun piece of book page behind the transparent ballerina she then became a more me piece by labeling her a "hussy".



 Late that evening after a delicious dinner and wine from Villa Bellangio we started to play with the plastic tiles that were already colored- stamping, using metallic paints and embossing. We are using some of these as buttons for other bags, I will wire wrap some for pendants and several are being used in picture frames.

 Circus monkey will be made into a pendant
Etz Hayim  a Jewish piece with the Hebrew Tree of Life, the verse is written on the side in English. This will also be wire wrapped.

Finally we were so tired as once again we had lost track of time and we headed to bed.....already on day 2.







No comments:

Post a Comment